If you’d like to read some of my favorite posts from years past, use the following links to find them.
Your Host: jb
To paraphrase Rob in "High Fidelity," some people never got over Vietnam, or the night their band opened for the Rolling Stones. I never got over 1976.
- This improved my outlook considerably just now: youtube.com/watch?v=2s4lu3… ~~ 1 hour ago
- RT @TheOnion: Man Now Too Exhausted To Repress Both Anger And Sadness onion.com/1ycl4TO http://t.co/vTgvbJee9z ~~ 4 hours ago
- RT @NYTMinusContext: I have a low tolerance for people ~~ 4 hours ago
- And don't get me started on horrible radio advertising, either. ~~ 5 hours ago
- RT @BrianPHickey: I wish more people without any medical education will start weighing in on the Ebola paranoia. ~~ 5 hours ago
- About the history of sports radio in Milwaukee--and the last column by retiring Bob Wolfley: jsonline.com/blogs/sports/2… ~~ 6 hours ago
- Seriously, this country was doomed from the moment stupid people got a megaphone smart people can't turn off. #JimIsGrumpyThisMorning ~~ 6 hours ago
- Look, you're simply not entitled to your opinion if it's idiotic. You're just not. Shut up and go learn something. #Ebola #AndOtherThings ~~ 6 hours ago
On the Listener Line
- Three Dog Night – Midnight Runaway
- Blue Öyster Cult – (Don't Fear) The Reaper [Long Version]
- Heart – Bebe Le Strange
- 10cc – I'm Not In Love
- Roberta Flack – If Ever I See You Again
- Santana with Lauryn Hill & Cee-Lo – Do You Like The Way
- Amy Winehouse – Tears Dry On Their Own (Live)
- Naomi Shelton & the Gospel Queens – What Have You Done
- Richard "Groove" Holmes – Gimme Little Sign
- Jonah Jones – Michelle
Further Fine Print
All text copyright 2004-2014 (ten years of blather!) by James A. Bartlett--not that it's going to stop anybody from stealing it or anything.
Opinions here are mine alone, and not those of anyone else, particularly my radio employer, Mid-West Family Broadcasting, my various freelance writing clients (gasbag for hire, America), my mom, or of any other entity, animal, vegetable, or mineral, either living or dead. Which is a line I think I stole from Larry Lujack.