If you’d like to read some of my favorite posts from years past, use the following links to find them.
Your Host: jb
To paraphrase Rob in "High Fidelity," some people never got over Vietnam, or the night their band opened for the Rolling Stones. I never got over 1976.
- A sessionable version of Warped Speed Scotch Ale? If you're looking for @ambartlett112, she'll be under the table. host.madison.com/entertainment/… ~~ 20 hours ago
- "Please don’t donate to this. Go spend the $50 on good beer from local upstarts." theconcourse.deadspin.com/crowd-funded-b… ~~ 22 hours ago
- RT @TheDudekAbides: Milwaukee DJs talk about working the graveyard shift. jsonline.com/entertainment/… ~~ 23 hours ago
- Picked up some new followers after a couple of days filling in @madisontraffic. Let me apologize in advance for, well, everything. ~~ 23 hours ago
- Stopped my music player two notes into a song this morning. @ambartlett112 instantly identified it as "96 Tears." She's never been sexier. ~~ 1 day ago
- RT @ThatEricAlper: Portraits Of Pop Culture Icons Unravel Out Of VHS Tapes, Cassettes, And Film: ow.ly/ztkSY ~~ 1 day ago
- This appears to be in line with my interests // RT @Slate Space Station 76 Is Bringing 1970s Futurism Back slate.me/1nyYjr6 ~~ 1 day ago
- RT @NYTMinusContext make this stop // Consider this a reminder that I'll be on @TodaysQ106 from 1 to 3 this afternoon. ~~ 1 day ago
On the Listener Line
- Charles Earland – Days Of Wine And Roses
- Jimmy McGriff & Groove Holmes – Closing Theme
- Jackie Allen – Hot Stone Soup
- Freddy Cannon – Coca-Cola Commercial
- Jeanne & The Darlings – Soul Girl
- Elton John – Your Sister Can't Twist (But She Can Rock 'n Roll)
- Robbs – Cynthia Loves
- The Archies – Melody Hill
- Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band – You Can Look (live 1981)
- Bruce Springsteen – Restless Nights
Further Fine Print
All text copyright 2004-2014 (ten years of blather!) by James A. Bartlett--not that it's going to stop anybody from stealing it or anything.
Opinions here are mine alone, and not those of anyone else, particularly my radio employer, Mid-West Family Broadcasting, my various freelance writing clients (gasbag for hire, America), my mom, or of any other entity, animal, vegetable, or mineral, either living or dead. Which is a line I think I stole from Larry Lujack.