If you’d like to read some of my favorite posts from years past, use the following links to find them.
Your Host: jb
To paraphrase Rob in "High Fidelity," some people never got over Vietnam, or the night their band opened for the Rolling Stones. I never got over 1976.
- RT @j_bacardi: If anything ever makes me lose interest in the #NFL it will not be concussions or misbehaving athletes, it will be the horri… ~~ 6 hours ago
- Things I learned this weekend: my hometown has a head shop. It's 40 years late but nevertheless. ~~ 9 hours ago
- Oldies station on at the vet clinic just played "Brown Eyed Girl." Nice to hear a deep cut get some airplay. ~~ 10 hours ago
- Two cats at the vet First one cat, then the other Then I have a beer ~~ 12 hours ago
- Interesting piece on "the last phantom of the 60s," the 4th Sterling Hall bomber, still on the run after 44 years: articles.philly.com/2014-09-21/new… ~~ 12 hours ago
- First music of the morning: new Lucinda Williams, "Down Where The Spirit Meets The Bone" npr.org/2014/09/21/348… ~~ 20 hours ago
- RT @sorkinese: There's a very palpable zone, my friend. And I am in it. ~~ 1 day ago
- At Cheese Days - Drinking a #003 Brown & Robust Porter by @WisBrewingCo - untpd.it/s/c116532036 ~~ 1 day ago
On the Listener Line
Further Fine Print
All text copyright 2004-2014 (ten years of blather!) by James A. Bartlett--not that it's going to stop anybody from stealing it or anything.
Opinions here are mine alone, and not those of anyone else, particularly my radio employer, Mid-West Family Broadcasting, my various freelance writing clients (gasbag for hire, America), my mom, or of any other entity, animal, vegetable, or mineral, either living or dead. Which is a line I think I stole from Larry Lujack.