If you’d like to read some of my favorite posts from years past, use the following links to find them.
Your Host: jb
Writer, radio jock,
beer geek, Badger fan.
In my head,
it's still 1976.
- A financial company has turned Fleetwood Mac's "Go Your Own Way" into a jingle and now I don't want to live anymore. ~~ 12 hours ago
- HolycowtheshowisreallygoinggreattodayalthoughIhavehadalotofcaffeinesomaybethatsit ~~ 13 hours ago
- If you have never seen this you should watch it because the world is a grim awful stupid place and this is funny: youtu.be/zLEMncv140s ~~ 17 hours ago
- Possible severe weather duty on the radio today. It's the only time a DJ can be pretty sure people are hangin' on his every word. ~~ 1 day ago
- A golden age of soul music: May 1971 wp.me/p30dJ-3WK ~~ 1 day ago
- She's around here somewhere. A 17-pound cat cannot disappear into thin air because it wouldn't be thin anymore. ~~ 1 day ago
- RT @ThatEricAlper: The Most Creative and Ridiculous Ways to Open a Beer: wp.me/p3gdJT-6yN ~~ 2 days ago
- A good old-fashioned dukeout among competing Top 40 stations? What year is this? ri2.us/12KSTeA (h/t @radioinsight) ~~ 2 days ago
On the Listener Line
- Jack McDuff – Dink's Blues
- Jack McDuff – the city bump
- Johnny Hammond – Wild Horses
- Johnny Hammond – It's Impossible
- Johnny Hammond – I Don't Know How to Love Him
- Johnny Hammond – Peace Train
- Johnny Hammond – Who Is Sylvia
- Johnny Hammond – Rock Steady
- Kenny Burrell – Things Ain't What They Used To Be
- Kenny Burrell – Flying Home [#]
Further Fine Print
All text copyright 2004-2013 by James A. Bartlett--not that it's going to stop anybody from stealing it or anything.
Opinions here are mine alone, and not those of anyone else, particularly my radio employer, Mid-West Family Broadcasting, my various freelance writing clients (gasbag for hire, America), my mom, or of any other entity, animal, vegetable, or mineral, either living or dead. Which is a line I think I stole from Larry Lujack.