If you’d like to read some of my favorite posts from years past, use the following links to find them.
Your Host: jb
To paraphrase Rob in "High Fidelity," some people never got over Vietnam, or the night their band opened for the Rolling Stones. I never got over 1976.
- It was 30 years ago today: wp.me/p30dJ-rI ~~ 7 hours ago
- It was 40 years ago today: jabartlett.wordpress.com/2008/10/30/one… ~~ 22 hours ago
- RT @radioinsight: New York Times: All-Christmas Radio Is an Enduring, and Profitable, Tradition- nyti.ms/1sKT8Bb ~~ 1 day ago
- Cat tweet 2: psychedelic cats will blow your mind, man dangerousminds.net/comments/the_p… ~~ 1 day ago
- Cat tweet 1: Kansas record store adopts homeless cats, who are awesome kittyarmy.com/homeless-cats-… ~~ 1 day ago
- RT @CraftsmanTandT: It's time! @EpicBrewing takes over now. http://t.co/y1sjA9PEUr ~~ 1 day ago
- Best of the flight, but research continues - Drinking a Fest Devious @ Craftsman Table & Tap - untpd.it/s/c125622299 #photo ~~ 1 day ago
- And if it happens at 4AM I'll probably be up to hear it // RT @TSElibot: This is the way the world ends / Not with a bang but a whimper. ~~ 2 days ago
On the Listener Line
- Meco – Theme From Close Encounters
- The Beatles – You're Going to Lose That Girl
- Electric Light Orchestra – Another Heart Breaks
- The Rolling Stones – Gimme Shelter
- The Rolling Stones – Out Of Tears (Don Was Edit)
- The Cars – Since You're Gone
- The Power Station – Some Like It Hot
- Traffic – Cryin' To Be Heard
- Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes – Coming Back
- Paul McCartney & Wings – Live And Let Die (Live)
Further Fine Print
All text copyright 2004-2014 (ten years of blather!) by James A. Bartlett--not that it's going to stop anybody from stealing it or anything.
Opinions here are mine alone, and not those of anyone else, particularly my radio employer, Mid-West Family Broadcasting, my various freelance writing clients (gasbag for hire, America), my mom, or of any other entity, animal, vegetable, or mineral, either living or dead. Which is a line I think I stole from Larry Lujack.