If you’d like to read some of my favorite posts from years past, use the following links to find them.
Your Host: jb
Writer, radio jock,
beer geek, Badger fan.
In my head,
it's still 1976.
- Terry Jacks talks about "Seasons in the Sun," the Poppy Family, and other interesting stuff: songfacts.com/blog/interview… (h/t @Songfacts)~~ 10 hours ago
- Well this is just excellent // RT @youredamned http://t.co/cnnYXH6Upo~~ 11 hours ago
- RT @ChiRadioMedia: Latest addition to the CRM Audio section: WLS-AM ad on WCFL-AM - March 1976 -- bit.ly/1cdg7DC~~ 14 hours ago
- At the doctor's today they brought out the machine that goes "ping." #HonkIfYouKnowWhyThatsFunny~~ 15 hours ago
- Reading Twitter while waiting to see the dr. is better than reading Highlights magazine was back in the day. #TeamGoofus~~ 16 hours ago
- Last week was my birthday. This week I am sufficiently unwell to keep me from snarking on Twitter. #IGetOld #YouReapTheBenefits~~ 18 hours ago
- You hardly ever run into a galoot anymore.~~ 2 days ago
- One night in 1978, Paul Lynde dropped by to do the weather on a TV station in Toledo: bionicdisco.com/2014/03/04/70s… (h/t @BionicDisco)~~ 2 days ago
- Susan Tedeschi – You Got The Silver
- Delaney & Bonnie – Medley A) Come On In My Kitchen B) Mama, He Treats Your Daughter Mean C) Goning Down The Road Feeling Bad
- Elvin Bishop – She Puts Me In the Mood
- Buddy Guy – First Time I Met The Blues
- Jimmy McGriff – This One's For Ray
- Richard "Groove" Holmes – Gimme Little Sign
- Booker T. & the MG's – Fuquawi
- Booker T. & the MG's – Boot-Leg
- Funk Brothers – Why You Wanna Make Me Blue
- Al Green – I Want To Hold Your Hand
On the Listener Line
Further Fine Print
All text copyright 2004-2014 (ten years of blather!) by James A. Bartlett--not that it's going to stop anybody from stealing it or anything.
Opinions here are mine alone, and not those of anyone else, particularly my radio employer, Mid-West Family Broadcasting, my various freelance writing clients (gasbag for hire, America), my mom, or of any other entity, animal, vegetable, or mineral, either living or dead. Which is a line I think I stole from Larry Lujack.