If you swing that way, you can also follow this blog on Tumblr.
Your Host: jb
To paraphrase Rob in "High Fidelity," some people never got over Vietnam, or the night their band opened for the Rolling Stones. I never got over 1976.
- "Turn on that ol' lovelight / Turn a maybe to a yes."-- Boz ~~ 2 hours ago
- 7.1 ABV is not unwelcome tonight - Drinking an Oktoberfest by @summitbeer - untpd.it/s/c123987262 ~~ 3 hours ago
- "Left my billfold at the airport / Suitcase on the train / Now I can't find my umbrella / And it sure looks like rain"--Boz ~~ 9 hours ago
- “The Wonder Years” is finally out on DVD: wp.me/pzL7C-zhi ~~ 10 hours ago
- Ugh // MT @jackeichsays 10/22/74: @packers trade 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders in 75 and 1st and 2nd in 76 for LA Rams quarterback John Hadl. ~~ 16 hours ago
- New edition of 4th album out next week // MT @guardianmusic Stairway to Heaven: the story of a song and its legacy gu.com/p/42jxy ~~ 17 hours ago
- The true story of the legendary singing EBS test: danoday.com/blog/2014/10/r… ~~ 18 hours ago
- Breakfast in Waupun, WI. Waupun is an Indian word meaning "no bagel shops." ~~ 1 day ago
On the Listener Line
- Christopher Cross – Arthur's Theme
- Nat King Cole – Mona Lisa
- Bobby Vinton – Blue on Blue
- The Flamingos – I Only Have Eyes for You
- Lobo – It's Everywhere
- Mungo Jerry – She Rowed
- The Monkees – Randy Scouse Git
- Tommy James & The Shondells – Lost in your eyes
- Bobby Sherman – Julie, Do Ya Love Me
- Paul Chambers (w/Kenny Burrell) – Chamber Mates
Further Fine Print
All text copyright 2004-2014 (ten years of blather!) by James A. Bartlett--not that it's going to stop anybody from stealing it or anything.
Opinions here are mine alone, and not those of anyone else, particularly my radio employer, Mid-West Family Broadcasting, my various freelance writing clients (gasbag for hire, America), my mom, or of any other entity, animal, vegetable, or mineral, either living or dead. Which is a line I think I stole from Larry Lujack.