If you swing that way, you can also follow this blog on Tumblr.
Your Host: jb
To paraphrase Rob in "High Fidelity," some people never got over Vietnam, or the night their band opened for the Rolling Stones. I never got over 1976.
- "Before the sun is just a bright spot in the nighttime." With @ambartlett112 at @WisBrewingCo. http://t.co/Gb5IDHrqjv ~~ 33 minutes ago
- Drinking a #005 Big Sweet Life by @WisBrewingCo at @wisbrewingco — untpd.it/s/c103682848 ~~ 1 hour ago
- Dinner b4 the Mrs leaves town 4 awhile - Drinking a Summerfest (2014) by @SierraNevada @ The Flying Hound — untpd.it/s/c103660975 ~~ 1 hour ago
- Here's your advance notice: Mrs Out of Town Week begins tomorrow. #MoreBeer #LessPants #NoProblem ~~ 4 hours ago
- "But there’s also this element...that checklist of things that make you more country, and one of them is fighting" savingcountrymusic.com/from-checklist… ~~ 7 hours ago
- My timeline is divided between #Sharknado2TheSecondOne, #PayJoelOsteenACompliment, and #GazaUnderAttack. Go home, Twitter, you're drunk. ~~ 23 hours ago
- Token political tweet: I've been reading @LanceMannion for years because of stuff like this: lancemannion.typepad.com/lance_mannion/…. Cosigned. ~~ 1 day ago
- Hot sports take subtly sets ESPN and sports-talk radio afire: sportspickle.com/2013/10/10-rea… …. Well done, @sportspickle. ~~ 1 day ago
On the Listener Line
- Fleetwood Mac – Never Going Back Again [*][Demo Version]
- Creedence Clearwater Revival – Porterville
- The Byrds – Mr. Spaceman
- Styx – The Grand Illusion
- Boston – Long Time (45 version)
- Wet Willie – Ring You Up
- Randall Bramblett – Trying To Steal A Minute
- Stephen Stills – Change Partners
- Bee Gees – While I Play
- The Rolling Stones – Satisfaction (live 2012)
Further Fine Print
All text copyright 2004-2014 (ten years of blather!) by James A. Bartlett--not that it's going to stop anybody from stealing it or anything.
Opinions here are mine alone, and not those of anyone else, particularly my radio employer, Mid-West Family Broadcasting, my various freelance writing clients (gasbag for hire, America), my mom, or of any other entity, animal, vegetable, or mineral, either living or dead. Which is a line I think I stole from Larry Lujack.