If you swing that way, you can also follow this blog on Tumblr.
Your Host: jb
To paraphrase Rob in "High Fidelity," some people never got over Vietnam, or the night their band opened for the Rolling Stones. I never got over 1976.
- RT @ThatEricAlper: Hear Bob Dylan and Bette Midler Duet in October, 1975: wp.me/p3gdJT-bbX ~~ 4 hours ago
- Better radio? // RT @TSElibot If the lost word is lost, if the spent word is spent / If the unheard, unspoken / Word is unspoken, unheard; ~~ 4 hours ago
- RT @Kurt_Vonnegut: Plato says that the unexamined life is not worth living. But what if the examined life turns out to be a clunker as well? ~~ 4 hours ago
- Not thinking of anyone in particular - Drinking a Bitter Neighbor Black IPA by @3rdStBrewhouse - untpd.it/s/c102133495 ~~ 16 hours ago
- "A 10-year barrel-aged version of Old Rasputin." AW HELL YEAH isthmus.com/beer/article.p… ~~ 21 hours ago
- RT @openculture: Listen online: Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers’ New Album, 'Hypnotic Eye’ goo.gl/WpJI1W ~~ 1 day ago
- More of the Puritan idiocy that has some states thinking of banning bourbon-barrel aging of beer: bostonherald.com/business/busin… ~~ 1 day ago
- Time to get up, get back, and get down with the mighty Al Green: youtube.com/watch?v=wXds1G… ~~ 1 day ago
On the Listener Line
- John Lee Hooker Feat. Van Morrison – Rainy Day
- Ben Sidran – Nobody's Fool
- The Rolling Stones – The Last Time (live 2012)
- The Rolling Stones – (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- The Rolling Stones – Street Fighting Man (Original Single Mono Version)
- Bad Company – Shooting Star
- Billy Joel – Scenes From An Italian Restaurant (Live)
- Elton John – We All Fall in Love Sometimes [#][Live]
- Procol Harum – Shine On Brightly
- The Peanut Butter Conspiracy – The Market Place
Further Fine Print
All text copyright 2004-2014 (ten years of blather!) by James A. Bartlett--not that it's going to stop anybody from stealing it or anything.
Opinions here are mine alone, and not those of anyone else, particularly my radio employer, Mid-West Family Broadcasting, my various freelance writing clients (gasbag for hire, America), my mom, or of any other entity, animal, vegetable, or mineral, either living or dead. Which is a line I think I stole from Larry Lujack.